Due to Covid-19 classes/support groups are cancelled until further notice.
Marin General Hospital hosts, sponsors and facilitates free support groups in an effort to optimize the health and healing of patients, family members and other caregivers of those with cancer. For details and more information, click on any class or event in the calendar below.
- 0606.October.SundayNo events
- 0707.October.MondayHealth Resource Centerhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/mindfulness-meditation-and-guided-relaxation-3-2-2/1st Floor, 1350 S. Eliseo Drive, Greenbrae
Mindfulness Meditation and Guided Relaxation are powerful tools that can help manage stress, find inner peace, and improve mental function. In addition, they help build self-control, compassion, and empathy. Regular practice can improve both mental and physical health.
In each class, you will learn and practice skills to calm the body and mind through guided relaxation techniques and breathing exercises. Each session will focus on a specific area of health and wellness, such as strengthening the immune system, cardiac health, stress reduction, pain management, restful sleep, and deep relaxation.
All patients and community members are welcome. Cost is FREE. No prior experience is required. Be sure to check out our next session! Download the flyer
RSVP is suggested space is limited. 1-888-99-MY-MGH (1-888-996-9644)
*excludes Marin General Hospital holidays
- 0909.October.WednesdayMan to Manhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/male-partners-support-group-man-to-man/West End Café, 4th Street, San Rafael
No additional detail for this event.Marin Lutheran Churchhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/womens-support-group-living-with-metastasis/646 Meadowsweet Drive, Corte Madera
Women’s Support Group: Living with Metastasis: Finding meaning, purpose, and resiliency
Before attending, call 1-415-203-2945
- 1010.October.ThursdayRadiation Oncology Wating Roomhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/living-with-life-threatening-illness/1350 S. Eliseo Drive, 1st Floor, Greenbrae
Living with Life Threatening Illness: Share experiences and insights, discover new ways to
enhance your quality of life, and learn to choose love rather than fear
Facilitator: Andy Alpine, Center for Attitudinal Healing
- 1111.October.FridayNo events
- 1212.October.SaturdayNo events