Marin General Hospital hosts, sponsors and facilitates free support groups in an effort to optimize the health and healing of patients, family members and other caregivers of those with cancer. For details and more information, click on any class or event in the calendar below.
- 2828.October.SundayNo events
- 2929.October.MondayHealth Resource Centerhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/mindfulness-meditation-and-guided-relaxation-2/1st Floor, 1350 S. Eliseo Drive, Greenbrae
Mindfulness Meditation and Guided Relaxation are powerful tools that can help manage stress, find inner peace, and improve mental function. In addition, they help build self-control, compassion, and empathy. Regular practice can improve both mental and physical health.
In each class, you will learn and practice skills to calm the body and mind through guided relaxation techniques and breathing exercises. Each session will focus on a specific area of health and wellness, such as strengthening the immune system, cardiac health, stress reduction, pain management, restful sleep, and deep relaxation.
All patients and community members are welcome. Cost is FREE. No prior experience is required. Be sure to check out our next session! Download the flyer
RSVP is suggested space is limited. 1-888-99-MY-MGH (1-888-996-9644)
*excludes Marin General Hospital holidays
- 3131.October.WednesdayWest End Cafehttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/male-partners-support-group-man-man/West End Cafe, 1131 4th Street, San Rafael
No additional detail for this event.Center for Attitudinal Healinghttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/womens-support-group/2597 Kerner Boulevard, San Rafael
Living Well with Metastases: Finding meaning, purpose and resiliency
Before attending, call 1-415-507-1536
- 0101.November.Thursday1350 S Eliseo Dr, Greenbrae, CA 94904, USAhttp://www.marincancercare.com/event/strength-breast-cancer-2-2-2-2/1350 S Eliseo Dr, Greenbrae, CA 94904, USA
Enhance your healing and recovery through this structured, evidence-based 4-week exercise rehabilitation program.
Strength ABC was founded by Kathryn H. Schmitz, PhD, MPH, and is based on the PAL Trial (Physical Activity and Lymphedema). This study showed the effectiveness of progressive weightlifting for breast cancer survivors who were living with lymphedema or at risk for lymphedema.
What do sessions include?
- An initial screening by a physical therapist, as well as a follow up appointment at the end of the program to measure individual progress.
- Rehabilitation sessions led by Sunflower Wellness Exercise Counselors that are geared towards increasing motivation, promoting behavior and healthy lifestyle change.
- Education on weight training routines that help prevent lymphedema and increase range of motion.
- The program includes a free resistance band and 2-3 lb. dumbbells.
Download the flyer for exact dates and times.
Registration: Call 1-415-233-3618
- 0202.November.FridayNo events
- 0303.November.SaturdayNo events